- Ear protection of the correct type must be worn appropriate to the noise risk.
- Equipment must be used with reference as described in the Work Equipment Regulations Risk Assessments.
- Noise assessments will be carried out by a competent person.
- Records will be kept of these assessments.
- Facilities estates staff at risk will be identified by the assessment.
- Instruction, information and training on noise and its risks will be provided.
- Engineering control measures to reduce noise levels will be carried out where appropriate.
- All Ear protection zones will be identified and marked.
- Adequate and suitable ear defenders are available.
- The use of ear defenders by staff will be monitored and recorded.
- Ongoing monitoring and assessment of noise in the workplace will be carried out........
MS Word - 3 pages - 29 kb
Document added 17th January 2005
Swapshop Members: Download the complete document here.